Friday, March 12, 2010

Mother Tree Project - Closing Day



Yesterday was so busy at the end of the crochet session that I forgot to write a word... somebody noticed, because when I came in this morning, I was greeted with this message :). It is a repeat of a word I'd written before, but hey, it is the thought that counts and it does capture a main theme of this project.

Well, we did it! Thanks to everyone who contributed to The Mother Tree Project! Special thanks to the Regional Arts & Culture Council for granting me the space to show this piece; to my interns, Claire and Ayesha, for their help in getting the Mother Tree ready to exhibit; to Sarah, who crocheted the most strands; to Julie, Andrea, Patricia and Loni, who organized crochet groups and sent me boxes of roots; to Peter, who faithfully showed up to crochet each day; and to the volunteers who stayed late this evening and helped rewind the crocheted balls.



I had the piece professionally photographed today, and I'll share the photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment